Canada's 2001 Stamp Program
Watch our Message Board for further details!
- Pierre Trudeau - A stamp likely will be issued to honour one of the most
dynamic Canadian leaders ever. Watch the message board for first word of
- Happy New Year - Canada Post celebrates the Year of the
Snake with a domestic-rate stamp and international rate souvenir sheet to
honour the Chinese Lunar New Year. The stamps will be available on January
5, in anticipation of the beginning of the Year of the Snake on January
- Hockey Heroes - Canada Post celebrates Canada's national winter
sport by continuing the NHL All-Star series in 2001.
- Birds of a Feather - In February, a new set of Bird stamps will
catch your eye featuring the Lapland longspur, the Arctic tern, the Golden
eagle and the Rock Ptarmigan. Envelopes featuring the Lapland longspur and
the golden eagle will also be available.
- Canadian Art - As part of its Masterpieces of Canadian art
series, Canada Post will issue an international rate stamp featuring a
painting by Jack Shadbolt, renowned British Columbia artist.
- Show on Ice - Canada Post hits the ice in March with four stamps
to mark the World Figure Skating Championships being held in Vancouver.
- Postal History - In April, Canada Post will mark the 150th
anniversary of the transfer of postal authority from Great Britain to
Canada by making the Three Pence Beaver, the first Canadian postage stamp
issued on April 23, 1851, available once again at the domestic rate.
- International Gathering - A single domestic-rate stamp will
honour the Summit of Americas, being held in Quebec City from April 20-22.
- Play Ball - Canada Post will hit a home run by commemorating the
25th anniversary of the Blue Jays with a single domestic-rate stamp.
- Are We There Yet? - Canada Post is on the road in May with
Tourist Attractions stamps featuring ten of Canada's most attractive sites.
Five of the stamps will be available at the international rate while the
other five will be available at the U.S. rate.
- Medical Pioneers - Also in May, a special envelope will mark the
100th anniversary of the Canadian Medical Protective Association
- Military Precision - The 125th anniversary of the Royal Military
College is honoured in June with a single domestic-rate stamp.
- Historic Peace - Canada Post will commemorate the signature, 300
years ago, of the treaty of La Grande Paix de Montréal with a stamp.
- World Athletics - During the summer, a two-stamp issue will
coincide with the Francophone Games being held in the National Capital
Region from July 14- 24.
- Red, Red Roses - In July, flowers will be in full bloom in
Morden, Manitoba, with a set of four stamps depicting various Canadian
roses. These stamps will also be launched in Japan during the 2001 Stamp
- Medal Pursuit - On August 3rd, Canada Post marks the
International Amateur Athletic Federation World Championships being held in
Edmonton from August 3-12 with a domestic-rate stamp.
- Curtains Rise - In the fall, the curtain will rise on stamps
marking the 50th anniversary of Montreal's Théâtre du Nouveau Monde and the
100th anniversary of London's Grand Theatre.
- Up, Up and Away - Spectacular and colourful hot air balloons
will float on four domestic-rate stamps to celebrate this year's "October
is Stamp Month."
- Religious Beginnings - A stamp will be issued to commemorate the
1,700th anniversary of the Armenian Apostolic Church.
- Festive Lights - Christmas will be bright at Canada Post with a
set of stamps featuring Christmas Lights issued in November.
- Wellness and Sports - The YMCA will be recognized with a stamp
honouring its 150th anniversary in Canada.
- Honouring Veterans - The 75th anniversary of the Royal Canadian
Legion will be commemorated with a single domestic-rate stamp, issued on
November 11 to coincide with Remembrance Day.
Virtual Stamp Club Home Page